Stylen

February 15, 2011

Guest Post: Top 5 Must Have Items for Spring

Hi everyone-I am still on vacation so today's guest post is by my friend Dana Marshall, an Accessory Buyer at Rue La La.

Rue La La is a private sale, online company that sells everything from that can fill your closet, jewelry box, or can help you decorate your home. We travel to NYC frequently to find the best deals on the latest trends and bring them to you at a discounted price. This past week I was in the city during Fashion Week and was able to identify the most current and most wanted looks of the season.  If you are not a member of Rue La La yet, here is how to avoid being on the wait list. Cut and paste this link into your browser: RueLaLa.com/invite/dvmarshall   


  
1. Nude pumps: Nude shoes are a must have this season...pumps, sling backs, peep toes or platforms. Whatever style you chose you can be sure they will go with everything in your closet.
Stuart Weitzman "Platswoon" Pumps

2. Shirt dress: A relaxed look that you can dress up or down depending on your mood. Great for the office or a casual dinner date with friends. I have this dress...it's a personal favorite.

Diane von Furstenberg Sliced Shirt Dress
3. Wrap bracelets: I  love Chan Luu wrap bracelets. Beautiful craftsmanship, great style, and a unique look! This one comes in many styles and colors and gold is everywhere this season. A great accessory to any outfit.
Chan Luu Gold Vermeil Wrap Bracelet on Leather Brown

4. Envelope bag: This snake embossed envelope bag is a hot style this season and this particular bag won't break the bank (which we love!) It can be used as a clutch or has a drop-in chain so can also be used as a shoulder bag.

Rampage 'Juliet' Snake Embossed Faux Leather Envelope Clutch


5. A Classic Trench Coat: A timeless trench coat is a spring must have. Classic beige, bold reds, and even polka dots are on trend.  The A-line shape and belted waist is a very flattering look on all body types.

Lauren by Ralph Lauren Nicole Double-Breasted Belted Trench Coat


Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

20 Comments:

samantha ramage said...

love these!! totally agree with nude pumps + trench coats. they are a standard for spring!

xo
sami

ps. check out my new print giveaway!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/02/lighthouse-keeper-giveaway.html

k said...

nude shoes/pumps! i searched all last summer for the perfect pair and my search continues to this year :)

fashionhogger said...

Haaha, I just did a post on Trench coats, too!
Great list!
Like Krystal, I'm also on the look out for nude pumps (that aren't SKY HIGH!!), but aren't kitten heels either!

little luxury list said...

This reminds me to keep searching for nude pumps!

Val said...

I need a pair of nude pumps and that bad is fabulous!!!

Isabel said...

love nude pumps and envelope clutch!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I am seeing a lot of shirt-dresses in store now - didnt know its an hot item this spring:-) love, love the DVF dress!!

Josie said...

I ADORE my nude pumps; they go perfectly with everything! And I'm definitely on the lookout for a fabulous, classic trench -- I love your five items!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

minnja said...

Love the pumps :)

xo
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

stylenuggets said...

I've found my nude pumps and they are such a versatile item to have!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Great list! I'm on the search for nude pumps. And I love wrap bracelets. Have a few already so I'm set there :)

Naina hope you're having fun on your trip!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love the shoes and the wrap bracelet!

*** said...

Great report - I think I have everything but the envelope clutch. Great report pn accessories!

Annie said...

Love these must-haves!! Especially the nude pumps!

coolkids said...

I love those bracelets!

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Loving the wrap bracelets...a lot!! :)SarahD

Anonymous said...

<3 the pumps and the shirt dress. Infact, I think they'd go so well together so long as you throw on some gold jewelry.

-Aparna.

VICTORIA BELLOW said...

Loving the classic trench, the envelope clutch and nude pumps!! Gorgeous!

Stacey said...

Great list-i need a pair of those pumps!

20 YORK STREET said...

Trench coats are like instant magic makeover! Makes everything looks chic!

p.s. I need to start working on my top 5!

besos,

ML

Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

Twenty York Street

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds