Stylen

November 1, 2010

Sequins and the City

Pink sequin skirt-Banana Republic, Roll sleeve henley blouse-Ann Taylor Loft (on sale for 30% off)Peep toe black pumps-Aldo (last season), black patent clutch-Charles David, bracelet-H&M
On Friday night my husband and I met up with our good friends for dinner at Mistral, one of our all time favorite restaurants in Boston.  And as mentioned here, I requested your style ideas about how to create a new look using my pink sequin skirt.

Previous Look
The first time I wore this skirt I paired it up with a black sleeveless chiffon blouse tucked in, black tights, and these black heels.

Current Look
This style is inspired by style'n reader Nikki (Style and Charm)
I like Nikki's idea to switch up the look by adding a flowy cream blouse, black tights, and black heels.

Next Look
The next time I wear this sequin skirt I am going to go for a daytime look.
Josie (with a wink and a smile) suggests pairing the skirt with a crisp white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and Valerie (Red Vines for Breakfast) and Piya suggest creating a look with a pair of tall brown boots.
Who knew there were so many great style options with a sequin skirt?


Thanks to all of you who provided style tips on how to create a look with a sequin skirt. Here are all of your stylish recommendations.

How to Style an Outfit With a Pink Sequin Skirt: 
1. Flowy cream blouse with black tights and black heels (Nikki)
2. Light cream or champagne blouse with ankle boots (Dawn)
3. Cream or pale pink long sleeved silk button down blouse and flat riding boots (Valerie, Piya)
4. Crisp white shirt, sleeves rolled up, tights, and booties or a loose top with a cardigan  (Josie)
5. Panelled chiffon and leather u round neck top or a silky bow top and a black coat (Jemina)
6. Oversized light sweater, dark tights, and tall boots (Diana)
7. A wrap or belted sweater and some calf length boots for a more casual daytime look (Alison)
8. Black blazer (Julie)
9. Black tank and long black cardigan (Melissa)
10.White button down shirt and brown brogues/oxfords for the day and black blazer, camisole, tights and booties for the night (Sonali)
11. Cream blouse with bow ties paired with bronze heels and a coat for the evening (MarchMusings)
12. Tee and blazer or cardigan for the day a nice top and heels with tights for the night (Ashley)
13. Polka dotted blouse, black blazer, and flats (Vandna)
14. Silk white flowy top and patent pumps. (Jess)
15. Simple black blouse jazzed up with fun jewelry or off white blouse (Samantha)
16. Black or white v-neck pocket tee tucked in, a blazer and booties or pumps (Isabel)
17. Solid pink jumpsuit style shirt with a soft rolled collar, pearls, gray tights and gray/patent and suede pump (Kelly)
18. Silk cream blouse (Amy and Geeta), boyfriend jacket, and tights (Geeta)

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

47 Comments:

Couture and Crayons said...

SUPER cute!!! Love the pairing of the billowy blouse with the skirt. Elegant yet chic.

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt and you have so many great ways to wear it!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

You could be a bond girl with all your lovely changes!!! Great look ;)

Josie said...

Dear, you look SO chic here! I'm loving these posts that you've been doing lately; they're so fun and I love learning how other bloggers would style things!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

MelissaNibbles said...

Stunning! I would love for you to overhaul my closet and be my personal stylist. Have you ever thought of doing that as a little side business?

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the sequined skirt...you styled it awesome!!!

Stop by and say Hello ♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

Lilacandgrey said...

LOVE the skirt!!
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

Chas said...

You look so pretty! I love love love that skirt!

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

you really rocked the look--love the shoes!

Tanvi said...

You look HOT! Naina. I love this skirt. It is just awesome!

Lee Oliveira said...

Loving the sequin skirt.. you have styled with style..
you kept nice and fresh..
loved the shoes too tho
LOx

Isabel said...

i love the skirt...now i kinda want a sequined skirt LOL

Nikki said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
Thanks for taking my suggestion, it really looks awesome on you. You wear that skirt so well!


xx
Nikki

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

You look SO fabulous and chic. I adore the skirt and I may just need to buy that top at 30% off... :)

Marissa said...

You look incredible! I still haven't been to Mistral (only Teatro). I'll have to give it a try.

coolkids said...

You look awesome Naina!!! Love Love this look.

Lila said...

Gorgeous as always. Loving the skirt. Wow I missed a lot while gone. Still catching up but I love all your tips.

StylishDesi said...

LOVE the skirt! I just stumbled across your blog and love it :)

www.stylishdesi.com/blog

Unknown said...

LOVE the top - skirt is great too (of course)

PS - PLEASE come one come all and
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

*kiss kiss*
Erika

bollywoodstylediaries said...

You look smashin:-) This skirt is really awesome and I love ur earrings..so dainty!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The skirt is perfection. I picked up a silk skirt in that color at Banana this weekend!

noone said...

yayyyy thanks for the shout out dear! Love your bronze sequin skirt!

iris said...

It's beautiful and love it with the white blouse!:)
xx

Annie said...

Lovvvvvvve it! You look gorgeous! Can't wait to see your new necklace on you..:)

HOGGER + Co. said...

Gosh, that's a great skirt!! Love it - and love the look with the black tights and shoes and cream top! Way to go Naina!

20 YORK STREET said...

N, did I tell you it's been snowing in Ottawa? There's no way you can go out sans coat anymore? But more importantly, did I tell you how you always look amazing!

Love the tips! How did I miss this BR Skirt? =)

besos,

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Major YES for sequins and the city!! This outfit is fabulous. :)SarahD

Diana Mieczan said...

That skirt is so beautiful and paired up with the top looks amazing
Happy Monday,sweetie

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

It's perfection! So love how you wore it!

Hope your week is off to a fabulous start! xoxo

this free bird said...

Naina I'm in the woods at work and sucked it at responding to you!! wah!!

I love what you wore. You are so tiny and cute in your sequined skirt - it is styled beautifully. The suggestions everyone made were great, too. One of my faves is Jemina!

xoxo,
Carrie

*** said...

I just found your blog and I love it. Great posts on styling ideas. I am also from Boston and I recently started my own style blog
http://stylesncream.blogspot.com

xo,
Rali

CaliforniaCandy said...

You look great doll!

http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

Geeta said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the skirt. The skirt looks amazing on you than on their website.

jemina said...

Sequin skirt is definitely A STAPLE
and you look GORGEOUS Hun!!!!!
Style'n indeed :))

HUGS
Jemina
xoxo

Signe said...

Great outfit, love that skirt :)

Unknown said...

Like out of a magazine...just gorgeous!

erica said...

what a fabulous outfit you look very chic here!

xo

Valerie said...

You look gorgeous in these pics and that skirt looks like it was made for you. I absolutely love seeing how every girl would style this skirt so differently. It's fun to get different points of view on one single item. Thanks for the reference, Naina! You're so sweet.

xo
Valerie

torrie said...

I agree wiht Valerie- Gorgeous!!

I can't wait to see the "next look!"

k said...

Oh my people are creative, you look great!! I just bought a leather skirt today, I think it was inspired by you :)

GB said...

Oh, lace! Have you tried it with lace yet?

It looks awesome (so do you!)

:)

Piya said...

this skirt is so pretty. it can be worn so many ways. great idea to post everyone's recommendations...so many great styling tips!

oomph. said...

great outfit!

www.rockoomph.blogspot.com

style-haus said...

stunning ensemble! you've truly shown in this post how versatile sequins can be. so many great ideas and suggestions

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Ashley J said...

I adore this look head to toe! You look amazing and I bet your hubbie was so proud! Great blog also...

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

I love this look! That skirt is proving to be a fabulous purchase. And those heels are amazing. They're like a pump/bootie hybrid. Love!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

Lynzy said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your sequin skirt here! I am totally going to scoop that off the Banana Republic website!

PS. I moved my blog from Skirts to Skillets to http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

xo Lynz

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds