Stylen

November 29, 2010

Traveling in Style: Part II


With the Thanksgiving travel this past week, my recent business trips,  and more upcoming holiday travel,  I have been packing and re packing my travel handbag.  The good thing is I am getting closer to mastering all the items I need to bring in my large travel tote.  Now if I can just master packing for business trips and vacations I will be all set.

Here are my top "must have" travel accessories for traveling in style. (And here is Part I in case you missed it!)

These flats are perfect for the airport security line and for those times when you  have been wearing  high heels for too many hours.  They fit perfectly in most handbags and they come in a pouch that converts to a full size tote bag.  They are also available in this luxe leopard print at Neiman Marcus.

2. Black Cashmere Wrap $149.50 on sale  
This medium weight single ply cashmere wrap functions as a cozy wrap on the airplane and converts to a stylish scarf during the day or a wrap on a cool evening. I have several non-cashmere shawls but my favorite one to use is a beige soft cashmere wrap I received as a gift.  I think I might need a black one next.  It really does make a difference when it is cashmere!

3. Saffiano Media Sleeve $75.00 pre-order
I just saw this and I LOVE it.   This media sleeve is the perfect way to protect your  IPhone when you travel. It comes in purple and orange as well. The black one is not available yet but I am thinking about pre-ordering this one or getting the orange one.
 
4. Jewelry Pouch $39.50
I always carry my jewelry in my handbag when I travel and even though I have several jewelry pouch's I love this one from J.Crew. It is made of a soft silk blend, comes in windsor grey or heirloom pink, and it would make the perfect holiday gift for a stylish traveler.

These water bottles are convenient, reusable, and they are great for on-the-go use. They are flexible so they stand when they are full and the fold up when they are empty. This is the perfect alternative to carrying a plastic water bottle when traveling.

This past week during Thanksgiving I stopped into the Coach store and I saw these wristlets and the poppy occasion sequin pouch's and I love them.  The benefit of carrying a clutch in your travel handbag is you can keep all your small items organized.  I like to fill my clutch or wristlet with gum, chapstick, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, and other small items.   Then when you arrive at your travel destination you can use the wristlet or clutch as an evening bag.

What are some of your "must have"accessories for traveling in style?

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

30 Comments:

minnja said...

Sooo beautiful :))))))

LOVE
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

I love Cityslips! They're the perfect take to work or take anywhere flats that you can slip into, right?!

Josie said...

That wrap is perfect for traveling -- looks warm and cozy and big enough to use as a blanket on chilly planes!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Lee Oliveira said...

Great ideas.. I love a warm cashmere scarf.. I need a new one and I think I will treat myself this xmas
LOx

jemina said...

I LOVE all of your picks here, travel in style indeed :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Pratishtha Durga said...

What a lovely selection! I have been bitten by the travel bug, and would surely love to invest in some of these stylish travel buddies...

Sara Lee Bentley said...

TOTALLY in agreement about cashmere wraps for travel and this one looks perfect!
Your little cutie in the post below is the perfect little traveler :)

Chas said...

I love those little flats, so cute!

coolkids said...

great list Naina! I saw similar flats like that in the accessory section at Target over the weekend. Stop by today...I have a super adorable giveaway! thecoolkidsblog.com

GB said...

I love the bottle idea---have to get one if I ever manage to get on that plane to india.

I carry my pashmina (the real thing) with me--it's light and folds into a little fat quarter sized space---serves as a blankie for me AND my kid. Hand sanitizer--the tiny ones from bath and body works (passes TSA regulations , or at least it used to!!) I always wear comfy shoes and carry a spare set of socks + a few folded up ziplocks for stuff-- when you're traveling with a kid, stuff seems to breed. I think I need to write a post on this, otherwise I'm going to hog too much space here! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo that sequined wristlet is calling my name! so cute for the holidays!

xoxo
Miss Neira

Tanvi said...

Hand Sanitizer, Aloe Vera cream to put on my face [before long flights] and a pashmina/shawl to save from the chilly AC!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Love the flats..and the bottle is a great idea!

Teal said...

Love/need/want the jewelry pouch!

stylenuggets said...

Having recently traveled I like the idea of the cashmere wrap

20 YORK STREET said...

As usual, thanks for the fantastic tips! I just picked out two of these foldable slippers from Gap, I hope they are comfortable!

Btw, today's post was inspired by you!

http://twentyyork.blogspot.com/2010/11/friendship-is-two-way-street.html

Nikki said...

Naina, these are such great picks. I love the media sleeve! So smart!!!
Hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving!
xx
Nikki

this free bird said...

Those city slips have been on my mind. I love this guide to travel!! When I hit the skies I'm thinking "socks for walking through the screeners, gf snacks for the plane and in case I get stuck somewhere, did I bring my own pillow & light blanket, how about a book?" It's like going camping!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff;)

k said...

I want the media sleeve! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totally just bought a pair of leopard flats for plane travel this weekend!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I travel a lot for work, so I've mastered the art of packing for a business trip and dressing for a plane. However, when I have to pack for personal travel I'm a total disaster. I ended up with an overflowing suitcase for 5 days at home and ended up wearing about a quarter of what I brought. It's like I forget how to pack when it's not for work! Ack!

Jess said...

That jewelry pouch is so chic! And affordable too ;)

Lisa Griffin said...

excellent picks! i always pack a mini clutch to stash goods in my tote,and use on the trip!
www.indramaticfashion.com

*** said...

This is such a fabulous list - I totally agree with you on the cashmere scarf and the flats. I also prefer dressing in layers because you never know if you are going to be hot or cold at the airports and the plane. I also like the smalll Evian spray water for your face. My skin gets so dehydrated on the plane.

style-haus said...

great selection of travel essentials. the jewelry pouch is something i def need for my next trip!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

torrie said...

LOVE those travel flats! Perfect (and the price is good too:)!

Lilacandgrey said...

HELLO! Those flats are a travel MUST!

Annie said...

LOVE the metallic flats!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just wanted to pass on that these are actually available on soap.com for $20 each, and they are currently having a buy one get one 50% off sale!!! I bought two pairs for $30, and that includes free overnight/2 day shipping!!!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds