Stylen

April 21, 2011

The EveryGirl's Guide To Life-Maria Menounos


On Saturday I attended the Celebrity Style Spring Event and VIP book signing with Access Hollywood special correspondent, actress, and author, Maria Menounos.  During the fashion event Maria shared her views on the hottest celebrity styles in a celebrity-inspired fashion show.  I did not end up staying for the entire book signing because the it started late, there were long lines for the book signing, and my VIP pass just couldn't get me to the front of the line! Have I mentioned patience is not one of my strengths? Anyway I did get two copies of the book and will let you know how the book is once I read it.

Don't you think Maria looks fabulous in this simple short white lace dress from H&M? You can't see Maria's shoes but she was wearing adorable Louboutin nude patent leather platform pumps. Maria also recommends more affordable nude patent pumps by Steve Madden.
In The EveryGirl's Guide to Life, Maria reveals her EveryGirl secrets on everything from systems to organize life, managing time, weight-loss tips (she lost forty pounds),  and styling yourself like the stars.
Here's a few EveryGirl Motto's from the book

Be proactive, not reactive, in life. 

Maximize every resource, as well as every minute of the day, fitting in everything from fashion to family to finances to fitness. 

Avoid vampires. Friends, family, or other individuals who are jealous, seek to harm you, or are just plain negative should be avoided. 

Embrace "the Sunshine Committee." Friends, family, or other individuals who are positive and full of "sunshine" should be sought out and embraced. 

If you're not growing, you're dying. Remain open to learning and to new experiences.

And a big thank you for your support and your continued votes over at circle of moms. 
xoxo, Naina

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

29 Comments:

Veronika Novotny said...

Love this! What an amazing event to be a part of the book sounds fantastic. And Maria's dress is SO cute, she seems like a sweetheart. xx veronika

Unknown said...

Oooh i love her!!! She is so stylish and I will check this out.

samantha ramage said...

wah, i am sad i missed the event! she sort of looks like you, girl!

xo
sami

Josie said...

I LOVE her -- I'll have to check out the book! And I adore her simple little dress.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

How cool! I love her too . . . and I'm also loving her dress!! I'm gonna have to check this book out!! Thanks for sharing and have a fab week!!

melissanibbles said...

I cannot stand her. Sorry. Her book seems like it's advice that every woman's magazine tells you. Also, I hate that dress and every celebrity is wearing it now. They look like they're wearing a little girl's nightgown.

Sorry to sound so negative. I'm glad you had a good time though!

little luxury list said...

Is she wearing the H&M Conscious collection dress? Love it!

Hope you had fun!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Indian on Hudson said...

Wow, that sounds like a good book to read. And I really like her sleeves in the close-up shot (first pic). Let us know how you like the book.

Lee Oliveira said...

She is very pretty.. Glad you had a great time
lee x

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files said...

This sounds like the perfect book for my daughter who is graduating from college next month!!

Maria is super cute but she has the weirdest laugh! lol

torrie said...

I love these types of books, whether written by older or younger women. Total "girl power"... and such good reminders of how to approach life, and others who tend to cause more harm than good.

Noelani said...

Oh glad you went to this! Her dress is too cute- I think Natalie Portman wore it recently and I was in love;) Love when hometown gals make it big!

Annie said...

oh my gosh Naina, what a fun event!!! Maria looks GORGEOUS! I can't wait to check out the book. I really love these tips :)

Nikki said...

Thats so cool Naina. Ive always thought Maris was so gorgeous and stylish!

xx
Nikki

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I love the lace top part of the dress but I think its really short - its perfect for celebs/red carpet but I dont think I can wear such a short dress in real life - I am sure to flash someone:-)

I do like her tips - they are so practical but we somehow lose sight of them in our daily grind:-)

Isabel said...

i love maria menounos!

Coralie said...

She's fabulous, the dress too !

I saw your blog, and thought that maybe you would be interested in my blog about fashion. If so, you can follow me, it means a lot to me :).

xx


www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

fashionhogger said...

Wow she looks so wonderful! What a great event to go to! Let us know how the book is; I'll see if I can get my hands on it, too.

k said...

wow she is GORGEOUS.

Jess said...

I've always thought she's gorgeous - and very personable too. And that white dress is amazing. Love the lace sleeves!

Happy Weekend Naina!
xo

Diana Mieczan said...

She looks so amazing in that white dress and I would love to read that book. Im going to check it out for sure! Have a fantastic Friday, sunshine
Kisses

coolkids said...

she is adorable! Love that dress. Voted again.:)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

she looks SO pretty! i really want her book- i think i'll stop at B&N on my lunch.

Nikki said...

I just saw this dress at H&M and I am obsessed with it! I dont think it would fit over my bump though. Maybe Ill buy it for next spring....

have a great weekend Naina!


xx
Nikki

Anonymous said...

maria is gorgeous! i love her lace sleeves. can't wait to get my hands on her book. have a great weekend! piya xxx

Jess said...

ps Gave you a shout-out yesterday on my blog :)

GINA BIBER said...

That dress is perfect!

Cheers,
Gina

http://ginambiber.blogspot.com/

*** said...

It looks like a great event. I didn't even know she had a book - I guess these days all celebrities are publishing books - cooking books, style books, you name it. She looks so beautiful, as usual and I love that dress on her. I actually saw the dress in the store and I likes it but thought it was way too short and I wouldn't be able to wear it.

Martini said...

I like her thoughts about vampires. So true and necessary in life.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds