Stylen

April 6, 2011

Reader Request: Casual Chic

How are you all doing today? Unfortunately I have a cold and am feeling a bit under the weather this week.  And after all the eating out I did the past few weeks I was just starting to eat healthy and get back into a gym routine.  Hopefully I will feel better and get back to the gym in a couple of days.

Anyway, I love it when my reader's email me and ask me style questions because it means I get to be their personal stylist (which I love!)  Maria asked me for a recommendation for a casual chic outfit to wear on a Sunday afternoon to meet her friend's fiance for the first time. They are meeting in the afternoon at a waterfront restaurant and her friend's fiance is quite stylish so Maria wants to look chic and stylish as well. When I came across this image on the Internet (not sure where I found it) I was completely inspired.  I thinking pairing up a pleated skirt with a leather jacket and colorful flats is casual, edgy, and comfortable.
Chinti and Parker scoop neck tee
$100 - net-a-porter.com

TopShop black leather jacket
$110 - topshop.com

Tory Burch ballerina flat
$225 - net-a-porter.com

Mulberry leather handbag
$945 - mytheresa.com


Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

24 Comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh hope you will feel better soon, sweetie and I love this outfit. Its fun, stylish and it looks totally comfy! Have a great day
Muah

Ps: I’m hosting a super fun 3 winners GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in :)

Baby Shopaholic said...

Love this look! I am looking for great skirts.

coolkids said...

great look! Hope you feel better soon!

Lilacandgrey said...

i have had a cold for a week :( hope you feel better soon!

Tanvi said...

Hope you feel better! :) Love the bag!!!

Click here to Win a Dress
♡ from © tanvii.com

GB said...

Uh-oh. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

cute post, a love a good casual prep/rocker look

~Fae
http://www.rosypop.com

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Hope you are feeling better! I love how the girliness of the skirt is balanced by the leather jacket.

Josie said...

I hope you feel better soon, love! And I adore this outfit suggestion -- it sounds perfect for the occasion and I love the coat.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

Great choices, and I love the bag, of course. Hope you feel better soon!

Kayla said...

Perfection! I need this outfit. As always your blog is equal parts inspiration and hard on my wallet.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

stylenuggets said...

This looks both edgy and casual. Hope you're feeling better now.

Anthea said...

Hi Naina, hope you feel better soon! I really like what you have recommended here. The pleated skirt and the leather jacket go so well together!

Veronika Novotny said...

Hello Naina, thanks so much for your lovely response to my comment, so nice to hear from you! And I'm absolutely in love with this gorgeous street style look. Really enjoying your wonderful blog & feel better soon. xx veronika

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

CUTE look! I want those Tory's in the peachy/pink/beige color.

I hope you feel better!!!

20 YORK STREET said...

Oh that is fab, I'm leaving for vacation soon! I love this outfit and the little surprise coloured flats!

besos,

ML
It's OUT!
Come and join The Pajama Project!
Twenty York Street

Twenty York Street

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Gorgeous! And I am all about Tory Burch flats--comfortable and chic.

Nikki said...

Naina, I want this whole outfit!!
I love the bag! (of course i do)

xx
Nikki

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh it's just perfect! I want/need that skirt :)

Feel better, sweetie! xoxo

Isabel said...

i love the casual chic look. perfect for a day out and about :)

k said...

this is a perfect outfit, I love it so much!!! i just bought a beigeish leather coat so maybe i'll try this :)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love the inspiration outfit you picked!! And your recreation is spot on. I could totally see myself wearing something like this! Hope you're feeling better real soon - in the mean time relax and rest!

torrie said...

Love reading your style recommendations. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well... I hope you have a quiet weekend ahead to rest and recover. (And of course we'd Love for you to join the Shred group!! :)

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

stunning ensemble, great finds to assemble it!

great post,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds