Stylen

September 10, 2010

Five Fall Mommy Essentials: Guest Post at CoolKids

Happy Friday everyone!  Yesterday I had the great opportunity to guest blog over at CoolKids about my top Five Fall Mommy Essentials.   Betsy is a stylish working mom of two kids and she blogs about all kinds of cool finds for kids including funky shoes, great deals on cute clothes for kids, and fun crafts and recipes. Check out her blog for some great deals and other fabulous ideas for kids. 


  
My post from yesterday

Here are my Fall 5 Essentials for the stylish mom who desires uptown chic with downtown comfort.  One of our favorite things to do on a beautiful fall Sunday morning in Boston is having Brunch in the South End and then taking a leisurely stroll down Newbury Street and the Charles River. So here are my five essentials for stylish moms who want to eat and stroll in style.

1.   A super chic and modern stroller. I am partial to the Bugaboo frog stroller because it adjustable, looks trendy, and is great for all the uneven and bumpy sidewalks in the city.  But these days there so many great options for stylish strollers.


2.   A great pair of flat boots.  I already have a pair of over the knee black boots but I am on the search for a nice pair of brown tall boots.  I like these Tory Burch over the knee flat boots because they are stylish yet extremely functional and comfortable for long walks. 


      3.  A Statement necklace.  Jewelry can really dress up a casual and simple outfit and sometimes just wearing one bold necklace can make all the difference. Here is a necklace from Banana Republic I am going to buy.  I think this necklace is versatile enough to wear year round with lots of outfits.



4.   A carry all bag is essential.  It is always great to select a bag you can fit all your stuff in along with the kids toys, snacks, diapers, and other essentials.  I have a couple of cute diaper bags I use. But sometimes I prefer to carry one of my larger handbags instead. I like this Michael Kors Uptown Astor Shoulder Bag in Indigo

5.   Ok last but not least every stylish mom needs a chic leather jacket. I ended up getting one by BCBG on sale back in April but it is no longer available. This black leather jacket by boutique is available at Topshop and it comes in a variety of colors.  I would wear a leather jacket with a floral dress or skinny jeans and a long top.  Add some tall boots and the look is complete.


There you have it. These are my Top 5 Mommy Essentials for stylish moms who enjoy going to brunch and taking a stroll on a crisp autumn day.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

39 Comments:

elena nuez said...

so beautiful compilation!!
i follow you now!!
Elena

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh darling I love those boots...Have a fantastic Friday:)
kisses

GB said...

Love flat boots and that necklace is to die for! :) Looks like you're set for fall! :)

Unknown said...

not a mom - but i'd totally go with all that is said!

torrie said...

I love the flat boots and jacket! I could definitely see walking leisurely in those!

No post for me today, but thanks for your comment yesterday- will definitely keep posting about recipes/menus:).

Happy Friday!

Collette Osuna said...

AWESOME boots!! Ill check out your post :)


Statements in Fashion

samantha ramage said...

what a chic mom you are :)!

xo
sami

Tanvi said...

:) Checking your post now! Great Boots!!!

coolkids said...

awww. thanks! You are the sweetest. Have a great weekend!!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

ooh, I love the necklace but the website says its out of stock:( Looks like everyone who read this post bought one!!

I hate diaper bags - most of the designs are so uncool but I found a really smart one at Pottery barn kids..Or I carry a large handbag. I like the MK one, hopefully it will go one sale soon:-)

this free bird said...

Naina I LOVE that you mixed in things that were for Moms!!! When I saw the boots and then the leather coat I was like, "she is one cool mom!"

I hope you have a great weekend :)

xoxo,
Carrie

Josie said...

Congrats on your guest post, dear! And what gorgeous, GORGEOUS picks -- and so appropriate for busy moms!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I loved your guest post! As I said over there those are all necessities for me too. Just not the stroller. Yet! :)

Have a great weekend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great list!

20 YORK STREET said...

Except number one, I think I'm lusting over all these items. Guess what, went to Banana in Montreal, looking for the army green top, you know, the one we've been talking about, left with two gorgeous statement necklace and a beautiful Monogram Collection Little Black Dress, coz what's another when you have ten?

Ah, not good.. I came for the shirt and see what I walked away with? Didn't see this necklace tho!

xoxo,

ML

Lila said...

Happy weekend to you too. I love the flat boots and statement necklace, perfect to make a mom feel stylish while comfy.

PS You can still get the Loft discount online if you can't make it to the stores.

Katy Mary said...

I'm not a Mom but I would love all the fashion pieces lol

Stylelover said...

Lovely post! I am far frm being a mom, but I still loved it!
xoxo
Vicky

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Those boots are SO FAB. my mom has that MK bag lol :)

Happy weekend!

Valerie said...

You really are a super stylish mom, Naina! I love your list, it's similar to my list (except for the stroller) and I don't even have kids. Haha. I love those Tory Burch boots! Hope you have a great weekend!

xo
Valerie

Ms. Emmy N said...

Minus the stroller - since I am not a momma, I would like all of these items! Especially that leather jacket!

Samantha said...

I adore that bag!! I'm not a mom, but as a student I understand having to schlep around tons of stuff! And that leather jacket is divine..the makings of one hot mama!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

Jess said...

Oh that bag is just beautiful!! Great post!

Chas said...

You sure are a stylish mom! Congrats on the guest post!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Check, I technically have them all, but might need to update! Thanks for spelling it out for me. It's a guest post with style to boast!! XO, Kelly

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

Ohh these are some great finds - I'm not a mum, but I would looove those leather boots. Very chic x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Alicia Lund said...

I've been eyeing that BR necklace for a few weeks now. Definitely the perfect statement necklace... would look super cute just with jeans and a tee.

Mimi said...

i am loving that MK bag! i hope you have a wonderful weekend! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

stylenuggets said...

Great tips for yummy mummys. The Kors bag would come in handy and look stylish too

Anonymous said...

Mums can be stylish too ^^

http://annamargrete.wordpress.com

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Love statement necklaces and big bags. :)SarahD

kendall k. said...

Love the boots, purse and necklace!
Have a great weekend!

Great blog! Just became a follower :)

http://kendallkstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a fun guest post! :-) And great list, esp boots!

Hope you are having a great weekend hun!

o said...

These are great mommy essentials! Love that they're practical yet still so chic:) Hope ure enjoying the weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

style-haus said...

great collaboration and post! fabulous essentials and i would rock them all. i see that stroller on the streets occasionally and have always thought how stylish it was.

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Nuheila said...

Stylish collection for fall-love them all-well i don't need anymore strollers,my kids are already big;)
Have a great sunday!


Nuheila

Audrey Allure said...

Definitely noting these items down for when I become a mom! Haha :)

S said...

Ohhh cute post! Even though I don't want to be a mum any time soon, I agree with all of this for staying comfy and chic at the same time.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

STYLE'N said...

for all of you searching for the necklace-I tried to get it but it appears to be sold out :(

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds