Stylen

December 17, 2010

Fall Family Portraits


The past couple of years I have gotten a bit lazy with not only sending out holiday cards but also getting professional family portraits taken.  So this year I thought it would be nice to take some fun casual  fall portraits.  And about those holiday cards....well maybe next year!


My good friend Martini took all these photos of us at the Boston Public Garden. She is a wonderful photographer and when she is not working at her day job or taking amazing street style photos for her blog Beyond Boston Chic, she takes professional photos for weddings, family portraits and other fun events. Check out Severin Photography to see her amazing work.


I wanted to coordinate our outfits but I did not want all of us to look the exact same and I wanted our outfits to reflect our personalities and individual style.  So I styled our outfits by using black and brown as our neutral colors. I kept mine and Aneesh's outfit solid and simple but I wanted Ariyana's outfit to be playful, colorful and fun.   Ariyana is wearing an orange and purple printed  Tea Collection dress with brown leggings.  I liked the purple in Ariyana's dress so to compliment this I wore a purple necklace and I put a purple hair clip in Ariyana's hair.   I also added denim into the mix with Aneesh's jeans and Ariyana's jean jacket.
 








(All images courtesy of Severin Photography)


Have a wonderful weekend!



Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

33 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Brittany said...

Such a gorgeous family! Your daughter is adorable and so precious :)

http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

Tanvi said...

God Bless your family Naina. All of your looks good. But Ariyana is a show stopper ;)

Josie said...

You three are absolutely gorgeous! What a gorgeous family you have, my dear... And the photos are stunning.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

I love these! What a beautiful family!!!!! XO

MelissaNibbles said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us!

Signe said...

Lovely family images :)

Sara Lee Bentley said...

How cute!!! You all look totally fabulous and I love the styl'n ;)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

You have a beautiful family!

nikki said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!
have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family!!

xx
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.. Ariyana looks like a doll...can't wait to see all of you next week.

Kiran

Geeta said...

A kala tikka moment! You have a beautiful family.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Rachna said...

The last one is so cute!! Love all of them!!

Andrea said...

Your daughter is gorgeous!

Marie said...

Beautiful pictures, your little girl is adorable... It got me inspired to get nice family pictures taken this holiday. xx

Taylor said...

Those are stunning!!! They look so unplanned and cute!!! I hate the super posed family shots!

Have a great weekend love!

xx-T

coolkids said...

Love Love these pictures Naina! I adore professional family photos so much! I knew that was a Tea dress right away! They are awesome for photos b/c of all the fun colors. I am with you...I don't like to be all matchy matchy but like to coordinate as well. Love her little mini mouse. She is too cute and fun!

Angela said...

adorable family.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I suck at getting family portraits done as well. When I actually remember, I take forever to get them framed and displayed. Boo.

Jen said...

Now these are the kind of posts that I love!! Gorgeous family dear! Really, really gorgeous.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

what a beautiful family! love these pics :)

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

What lovely photos! Beautiful family!

Valerie said...

Naina, these pictures are absolutely beautiful! You all look so happy and light-hearted. And your outfits look perfect together. Hope you have a great weekend!

xo
Valerie

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow Naina, these photos are just gorgeous! What a beautiful family you have! Have fun at the parties this weekend :) xoxo

Meredith said...

Love the pictures. Your little girl is too preciuos!!

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Great family pictures! Love your boots. :)SarahD

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You all look fabulous and perfectly styled!

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Beautiful family...that little smile is a killer:)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Naina, you have such a good looking family. These portraits are adorable. Looks like you have a future fashion blogger on your hands - Ariyana loves the camera! Or it loves her. Not sure which way it is! Martini took some great photos, I'm sure you'll be cherishing them for years to come.

I V Y said...

beautiful photos.

Lisa Griffin said...

ohhh these are really beautiful, and relaxed your family is so adorable!!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Allison {Live Love Small} said...

beautiful family

torrie said...

I'm good about Christmas cards each year (even if I get them out later than I'd like each year:) but I am horrible about family portraits! We haven't had a portrait or pictures professionally taken since before Hailey was born!! It's a goal for the coming year.

Your pictures look wonderful and I love hearing about how you coordinated/chose the outfits.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds