Stylen

December 7, 2010

Reader Request: Creating an Evening Look With a Black Skirt

I received a request from a style'n reader who asked me to help her style an outfit using this skirt from Anthropologie.  She also wants to pair the skirt with black sparkly tights.




For a glamorous evening look I recommend pairing the skirt with blouses that are satin or silk.  Also tops with billowy sleeves and ruffles are other ways to dress up the skirt.  Even incorporating sequins,  florals, animal prints, lace, and crochet would work well.

And since we are on the topic of skirts, I think having at least one basic yet high quality black skirt is a wardrobe essential. It is versatile and can be styled so many ways.  A black skirt can be worn with a button down shirt for work, casual T-shirts and flats on the weekends, and a blouse and heels in the evening.

Here are a few blouses that would work well with this skirt. 

Gap gathered top $59.50 and leopard cami $49.50









My husband and I went out to dinner Saturday night with some friends so I thought it would be fun to style a black skirt with some sparkly gold tights. Even though this skirt is different from the Anthropologie skirt,  I think both skirts can be styled with similar types of blouses, shoes, and accessories.   I decided to add a flowy black blouse to give the outfit a monochromatic look and I added color with the necklace, clutch, and shoes. Here's a couple of quick pictures we took before heading out to dinner.
 Necklace and bangles -gifts from my aunt, Madewell blouse, Banana Republic skirt, heels, and clutch, Spanx black/gold tights

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

33 Comments:

Kayla said...

Love the picks to go with the skirt. Your dinner outfit looks great.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Caroline said...

Love the outfit! xo

Josie said...

You look absolutely gorgeous -- love that skirt. And your ideas are perfection -- silky tops and that chambray shirt would be perfect!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

jemina said...

WOW, you certainly have a knack for dressing up dear. LOVE all of your picks, and you look so glam in those pictures :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

style-haus said...

great post! black skirts are like a blank canvas...so many fantastic options to pair it with. love all your selections but the gap one is my fave. you look amazing in that outfit!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Signe said...

Great outfit and I love the skirt with the bow :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Your outfit is beautiful and the shoes are stunning..I love your picks for the skirt
Hugs and kisses darling

Isabel said...

you look beautiful in all black with those shoes. i love them!

Chas said...

You look great! I love your blouse and your shoes are amazing!

Alleen said...

You look fabulous! Thanks for the wardrobe ideas! Hope you have a wonderful week! Cheers!

Tanvi said...

Great Advice. Love your clutch! :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the pop of color with the clutch. You have a great eye for accessories. xo kate

Unknown said...

that is an outfit i'd put on in a heartbeat!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Rachna said...

I like the sparkly black tights!!

M said...

Hey Naina!!

Thanks a lot for this post. I like all the looks - best is the monochromatic look. You carry off outfits so well - effortlessly chic!
I'll send you pics of my outfit when I wear it.

Thanks again!:)

M.

Ashley J said...

Love the all black with just pops of color from your cluth and heels! You look great and those shoes are amazing!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i always have a hard time pairing a blouse with a skirt. cute shoes!

Lilacandgrey said...

you are too cute!
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Great post! I just bought a similar black skirt and these blouses are all great pairing suggestions. Also, I love your shoes!!

anjana said...

Naina you look lovely..love the skirt!!

coolkids said...

I love that black skirt from antho. Great suggestions as always! thecoolkidsblog.com

torrie said...

Love this outfit... especially the pops of color and the sparkly tights!

Valerie said...

You look gorgeous, Naina! The sparkly gold tights are awesome, I've never seen any like them! Love the entire outfit.

xo
Valerie

bollywoodstylediaries said...

love the skirt and BB monogrammed top!! great selection of tops

Annie said...

I love all of your ideas, especially the outfit you wore! I especially love the tights & shoes! xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I just love how you styled it! Love the shoes you chose too. Unexpected but fabulous! :) xoxo

Anna Walker said...

I love those shoes! :)
Super fantastic!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Piya said...

those tights are fab. and i love your shoes especially the color. you look great!

k said...

fabulous guide as always...i like the idea of a shorter skirt with a long sleeved shirt like the one above. very cute :)

*** said...

I love your outfit. You look absolutely fabulous!!!

GB said...

Love the sparkle tights! Those shoes are such a great touch-loved the outfit!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

You look phenom. So gorgeous and pretty! xo

Nikki said...

I love what you put together! You look hot!!!!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds