Stylen

December 8, 2010

Style Inspiration: Elizabeth Edwards

Elizabeth Edwards was a wife, mother of four, best-selling author, activist, and lawyer.  I have always admired her because despite her personal struggles which included her son dying tragically at age 16, her fight with terminal cancer, and her husband's infidelity and fathering an illegitimate child, she managed to deal with all of this with amazing style and grace. Elizabeth Edwards will always be an  inspiration to me because she lived her life with courage, grace, strength, and dignity.

She simply had style.

Elizabeth Edwards July 3rd, 1949-December 7th, 2010
(photo credit)

Elizabeth Edwards posted this to her Facebook page on Monday

"You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know."

(photo credit)

With the passing of Elizabeth Edwards, America has lost a symbol of strength, hope, and humanity, a tireless advocate for health care for all Americans, and determined crusader for cancer cures," former President Bill Clinton tells UsMagazine.com in a statement. "Her children have lost a loving mother, her friends a wise counselor. My prayers are with them. She was a remarkable woman who dealt with the challenges her life dealt her with courage and grace."
(photo credit)
"Many others would have turned inward; many others in the face of such adversity would have given up. But through all that she endured, Elizabeth revealed a kind of fortitude and grace that will long remain a source of inspiration," President Barack Obama said in a statement Tuesday.

(photo credit)
(photo credit)
(photo credit)

(photo credit)

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

29 Comments:

k said...

How incredibly sad. She was beautiful inside and out it seemed.

jemina said...

She is truly inspirational, my condolences for her loved ones...

xoxo
J

this free bird said...

Naina thank you for this post. Elizabeth Edwards was a woman of so much strength and courage and class. These past few years have been even more difficult than otherwise for her yet I don't ever recall seeing her bitter, sad or filled with regret.

She is gone too soon.

Best,
Carrie

MelissaNibbles said...

She was so much more than her husband and he should not define her legacy. Thank you for posting about HER. She was an amazing woman.

josie said...

I have had the opportunity to know a little of The Edwards Family here in Chapel Hill as our paths have crossed and can attest that Elizabeth was very, very classy indeed in several ways.

maria said...

she will be sadly missed. what a beautiful individual she was.

Diana Mieczan said...

She will be missed...Thank you for that post, sweetie. Such a beautiful lady!
Kisses

torrie said...

That is extremely touching to say the least. I have not yet seem many of these photos, and was not aware that her son died tragically. Thank you for dedicating today's post to Elizabeth.

Chas said...

That is so sad. She was such a beautiful lady.

Isabel said...

i cant believe she died. its very sad.

Stacey said...

I am still reeling from the news of her death. She will definitely be missed. I'm happy you posted this Naina.

Annie said...

This is such sad news. My heart goes out to her children and everyone close to her. This was a beautiful tribute Naina.

Chris said...

What a nice tribute to a wonderful woman. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us all.

Nikki said...

Beautiful post Naina.

Valerie said...

What a beautiful post, Naina. She will always be remembered for her strength and class.

Karena said...

Elizabeth's grace abd determination are a blessing of courage to all of us! Thank you Naina.

Do Remember to come and enter my $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Marissa said...

What a lovely post! Of course it is always sad when someone dies so young, but it is that much more unfortunate when it is a mother.

Josie said...

She had such grace and class. What an inspiring woman.
xo Josie

bollywoodstylediaries said...

So sad. She was an amazing woman - my thoughts and prayers go out to her kids..

20 YORK STREET said...

I did not realized she passed until I saw the date you wrote above her photo. That is so so sad. What a formidable and inspiring woman!

xox

Fé... said...

She's indeed one graceful lady. I'm saddened by the news :) My prayers for the family...

erica said...

this is so sad. But I am sure she`s in a better place with everything that had been going on.

xo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

To live with that kind of courage and grace...That's what I aspire for!

coolkids said...

Naina-
Wonderful wonderful post! It gave me chills and I have tears in my eyes. I wish I could have half her grace.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

She's definitely an inspiration. I was so saddened to hear of her passing.

*** said...

What a beautiful post. I was so saddened when I heard the news yesterday. She was a great lady!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. How sad.

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Incredibly sad and unfortunate. With all the advances in technology, it is so upsetting that we still cannot cure one of our biggest killers, cancer.

Anonymous said...

Naina you may remember we were sitting on a table next to her and the family in Durham restaurant on what I think was mothers day.......dad

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds