Stylen

May 5, 2011

Reader Request: A few questions....

Update-Voting is now closed. Thanks to all of you who voted. I truly appreciate all your multiple votes and enthusiasm the past few weeks. And a special thanks to Kristin over at Bon Bon Rose Girls for her support as well.

First and foremost a big thank you to all of you who have been voting for me over at circle of moms. Right now I am in the Top 25 for Moms with Style but that could all change quickly because today is the last day of voting and the competition for the Top 25 spots is getting really competitive.

Being in the Top 25 would not only be a great Mother's Day and birthday gift but I also started my blog one year ago in May and earning a spot in the Top 25 would be such an amazing milestone and accomplishment. Also my friends Kristin and Megan over at Bon Bon Rose Girls need your votes too. Please vote for me HERE and Kristin and Megan HERE.  And please help spread the word on Twitter and Facebook if you can.


Kacie and her sister, both Style'N readers,  emailed me requesting some additional details on a few of my previous blog posts.  I thought I would take the opportunity to address their questions on today's post.

1. Could you provide the link to the peach mango mimosa's and spinach and mushroom quiche recipes you talked about on April13th?

I am planning on doing a recipe post on the spinach, mushroom, and onion quiche sometime in May or June so stay tuned. But I can tell you it's my aunt's recipe and it's super easy to make and it's delicious. In the meantime if you want the recipe feel free to email me directly and I would be happy to send it to you.
And the peach mango mimosa's are really easy to make. I just added this peach mango juice to some champagne...that's it! Oh threw in a raspberry in each glass to make the drinks look pretty.


2. Which food mixer do you have - it is photographed in your Valentines Cookies blog piece from Feb 7th.

I use this Kitchen Aid Architect 6 speed hand mixer but I have been baking way more this past year and I would love to get a professional stand up mixer soon.

3. Where are the beautiful glasses from that you serve your smoothies in - the tall and the smaller ones?

The smaller cocktail glasses are from Crate and Barrel. I got them a couple of years ago and unfortunately I don't see them on the Crate and Barrel website. I got the taller etched glasses more recently and they are from West Elm. I bought the tall tumblers and the wine glasses. And I use these wine glasses for yogurt parfaits and desserts.



4. We were curious to know which the orange cook book you had was was - its in the photo where you have the Gpaltrow, Flour and Giada's cookbooks in a pile from April 7.

The cookbook is Vij's Indian Cuisine and it's available at Amazon. Vij's restaurant is an extremely well known and popular restaurant in Vancouver and we always eat there when we are in town.  My husband and I both really enjoy making recipes from this cookbook. 


5. Where is your ring from in the photograph of you holding your daughters hand, December 17 2010

It is a David Yurman albion ring and Aneesh got it for me as a gift when Ariyana was born 3 years ago.

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

21 Comments:

Allison {Live Love Small} said...

just went and voted for ya! i'm a nominee in the top 25 kids blogs but am a little gal in a big fish pond so it's just fun to be a part of it. :) good luck! i love the bon bon rose girls too...

Josie said...

That ring is GORGEOUS! I love. And that mixer is truly brilliant.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for answering our questions.

I would love for you to email me the quiche recipe :)

And we are voting everyday!

Thanks again,

Kacie

And So I Whisper said...

Love the ring and all David Yurman jewelry. Voted for you :-) I love your blog.

little luxury list said...

Hoping the last votes guaranteed you as a stylish mom!
Love those West Elm glasses!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Lilacandgrey said...

I hadn't noticed that ring until now! I LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

I just voted again and I wish you all the luck, sweetie!!! Btw: That ring you are wearing in the last photo is stunning! Enjoy your day. Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a stunning Sima Gilady jewelry GIVEAWAY later today!

Lee Oliveira said...

That ring is fabulous.
Lee x
Ps.. just voted

Indian on Hudson said...

Love the ring. I couldn't see it clearly in the pic but when I saw it in their website...wow - it's so pretty.

Voted for you.

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files said...

Love the ring, it's so funny my daughter sent me a picture of this ring about two weeks ago as hint for a graduation gift. We didn't get her that one but we did get her a ring.

HOGGER + Co. said...

OOh, that ring IS lovely!

GB said...

Voted. Best of luck Naina!

Have a good weekend!

xoxo,
Gagan

PS: drooling over just the jacket of that cookbook. I don't even care what's inside, just want the book for the cover! :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

that david yurman ring is beautiful! I voted again- good luck!!

k said...

aw that ring is so pretty :) and you're all voted up today!
i liked your answers about what you'd put on that wall...i'd love to know how to play the piano.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Mmmmm peach mango mimosas? Yes please!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Solidarity sister! And this is one fabulous push present your hubs got you!

stylenuggets said...

I voted for you and the Bon Bon girls. Your readers have such sharp eyes - I never noticed the ring in the original post. Glad you featured it again

coolkids said...

I need to have the peach mimosas for mother's day!

When do you find out how you finisheed? Thanks for voting for me! I need all the help I can get! Happy early birthday!

annelise said...

Wow, Naina, I didn't even notice the ring first time around but now that I've seen it, I don't know how I missed it! It's spectacular.

I voted for you several times, good luck!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

You're just the best! XO, Kelly

Jess said...

Absolutely love David Yurman. My husband got me a blue ring on our wedding day as my "something blue". They are so classic!


Good luck in the Circle of Moms contest, Naina - you definitely deserve to win. And happy mother's day, too!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds