Stylen

May 10, 2011

Spring 2011 Trend: Top 5 Must Have Shoe Styles

{via}
In case you missed my guest post over at the CoolKids blog yesterday, here is my list of the Top 5 must have shoe styles for the spring/summer.  Now that the weather is warming up, it is the perfect time to evaluate your shoe collection, discard shoes you are no longer wearing, and make space for new and fun shoe styles for the warmer months.

1. wood platforms
These chunky shoes are sexy, retro and pair perfectly with the spring 70's trend, neutrals, and florals. They look great with wide-leg jeans, short skirts and dresses.
Coach grand heel
2. cork wedges
Any style of wedges add height which is flattering and best of all they are super comfortable. You can pair these with shorts and short and flowy dresses and skirts. 

Charles David granite




3. platform pumps
These heels are sexy and make your legs look a mile long!  They look great with wide leg jeans pencil skirts, and mini skirts.  They are great in a variety of colors but my personal preference is a perfect neutral or nude pair for the spring/summer.
Corso Comer palomar platform pump

4. pointy-toe slingbacks
Kitten heels, pointy flats and slingback are all back on trend for the spring. They look great with flowy skirts, skinny jeans, and fitted dresses. This style of shoe is definitely my favorite for work. They look professional but since the heel is low you can still walk in them. 

Via Spiga dolmen slingbacks

5. flat espadrilles
Instead of ballet flats why not try flat espadrilles for a preppy and casual weekend look? They look great with shorts, cropped pants, and boyfriend jeans.

Kate Spade new york lido espadrille flat

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

23 Comments:

bestie said...

lovin the flat espradrille and the tom's espradrille with a little height!

Josie said...

I'm OBSESSED with those darling little Kate Spade espadrilles! The stripes are phenom. And those Coach perforated heels -- dying. So pretty.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

torrie said...

I need a pair of slingbacks. Just curious... Do wear them primarily for work, or home (not actually "home," just outside of work)?

S and O said...

I love those wedges! I'm definitely a fan of them this Spring and for the coming summer :) They ares o versatile!
xoxo
Olivia

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I need to get some platform pumps STAT! The never go out of style, plus I need that extra height lol ;)

Anthea said...

I love all the trends you've listed here. The cork wedge is my fave. Great for a short girl like me!

Melissa said...

I can't do platforms or wedges. I'm out of luck!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..those espadrille flats look so comfy and cute! I totally need a pair! Happy Tuesday, darling
Kisses

Unknown said...

cute selection!

Tanvi said...

The last one is all I need!!! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

STYLE'N said...

Torrie-I love slingbacks and kitten heels for work mostly. I can walk in the them and they are comfortable and I tend to wear them with dresses and skirts. But if I wear them out to dinner or on the weekends I usually wear them with skinny jeans for a more laid back look. High heels are great and all but so not practical for normal day to day...kids...errands....etc

Lilacandgrey said...

I've been on a "shoe kick" lately, I can't get enough!

Lee Oliveira said...

Is that a shoe heaven? love all of them.
But the second one got my attention
Lee x

k said...

wedges are my top choice i think! i like your list!

fashionhogger said...

Indeed, I do want a pair of espadrille flats! I think Ashley and Kate Olsen were making some for Toms!

Kayla said...

Yes, yes, yes. I need the perfect wooden platform, cork wedges and flat espadrille and my shoe world will be complete!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Lidiya said...

I love espadrilles so so much, they're so comfy! And the cork wedges are to die for <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

great picks! i sadly have basically all of these in my shoe collection LOL. But my mom always told me you can never have too many shoes ;)

Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files said...

Love the wood platform heels and that shoe closet is amazing!

Noelani said...

I am so on the prowl for some little kitten heel slingbacks in a neutral shade. Dressy, walkable, and chic. I need to find these before France. If you see any let me know!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I need shoes!! all of them:-)

Annie said...

I really need/want a pair of cork wedges!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those Kate Spade espadrilles are calling my name!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds