Stylen

October 1, 2010

Sip and Swap

Last night I attended the Boston Fashion Week's Swapaholics' Sip and Swap event with some friends.   And before the swap I attended the Fashion Blogger Mixer which took place in the loft area. It was a nice opportunity to meet other bloggers in the Boston area. 

Clothes being arranged and set up for the swap
 Sipping some wine with Phoebe (Lovejoy Designs) and Sami (a glimpse of glamour) at the Blogger Mixer
At the mixer there was a rack of  free clothes featured by The Closet in Boston. I managed to grab a simple black top by Leaf.  It still had the price tag attached and it was $95.00! Phoebe found a cute pair of Paige jeans as well.
I wore my new suede peep-toe heels  {which I recently scored at 30% off}
At 8pm the doors opened and everyone literally rushed in.  The fashion bloggers who attended the mixer had a separate entrance and did not have to wait in line. But,  it didn't really matter because within seconds the floor was packed with hundreds of people.
My plan was to head straight to the handbags and jewelry.  Unfortunately for me a lot of other people had the same idea.  I ended up with a few beaded bracelets, an umbrella, and a couple of tops. I wore this tunic dress by daughters of the revolution which I purchased at Flock.
There were tons of jeans to be found.
               
I had way more fun walking around taking pictures.  Almost everything was gone within 15 minutes.
I also enjoyed sampling the wine and chatting with the folks from 90 + Cellars.
  I had the opportunity to meet the lovely Neira (Miss Neira).  She is modeling a faux fur coat she picked up at the swap.
There was a camera crew from Nightline and here is one of the ABC reporters modeling a dress she picked up at the Swap. 

  One last picture with Phoebe and Sami. I just love all the color in the picture. 
And you will soon be able to enjoy the benefits of swapping as well.   Amy "Punky" Chase from Punky Style and Melissa Massello from Shoestring will be involved with launching an amazing website where you can enjoy the benefits of swapping online.  Stay tuned for more details.

Here are some more great Boston Fashion events taking place today and tomorrow.  Hope to see you there!


Friday, October 1
Museum of Fine Arts - Fashion First Fridays
Indulge in mini-makeovers and enjoy runway looks by Saks Fifth Avenue, as well as raffle prizes, music, and cash bar for visitors 21 and older. Free for MFA members; nonmembers with Museum admission.
Museum of Fine Arts, Koch Gallery
465 Huntington Avenue, Boston MA
5:30-9:30PM

Friday, October 1
Warrior – Daniela Corte Fashion Show
Showcasing the very pieces any urban goddess needs to dial the heat up ten notches.
Mandarin Oriental - Boston
776 Boylston Street, Boston MA
RSVP is required. Contact Boston Common: 617.266.3804
Show starts at 9pm

And I am really excited about attending this event and chatting with Today Show Style Editor Bobbie Thomas.  Here is all the information in case you want to attend.

Saturday, October 2
Simon Fashion Now
Enjoy retailer fashion shows from 1-4PM with special designer show at 5PM 
Burlington Mall, 75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA
12-5PM
For more information on Simon Fashion Now, visit http://www.simon.com/ or

Today Show Style Editor Bobbie Thomas will headline Simon Fashion Now at Burlington Mall on Saturday, October 2. As the Simon Fashion Now Style Expert, Bobbie will give style and fall trend tips to audience members on Saturday at 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.


Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

47 Comments:

Marissa said...

Well that was quick! Great photos, Naina. It was so nice seeing you last night!

xo Marissa
(The Well-Appointed Catwalk)

Unknown said...

how cute is that!!! - i LOVE Paige jeans - and they are FABULOUS for men too!!!

PS -> want to spread the LOVE and have ALL ENTER my GIVE-AWAY: ~TiptoeButterfly Give-Away~


*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~;

Collette Osuna said...

How cool....what a great event!! Looks like you had fun and a few finds :)

Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Jessie said...

Looks amazing! Wish I could have gone! Glad you had fun!

xx
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

coolkids said...

Looks like fun! I adore your shoes seriously love them!
I have always wanted to host a swap at my house with girlfriends. I have heard that it can be fun!

Anonymous said...

You got some great photos!! p.s so many peopel went up to me telling me its actual real fur..i need to go get that checked!

so lovely meeting you!

xoxo

Nikki said...

You look gorgeous Naina! love your suede pumps!!
have a great weekend!



xx
Nikki

kendall k. said...

My friend just attended a similar event in New York! I wish I would hear about one of these on the west coast.
cheers!

Pretty Zesty said...

What a fun event!!

Sarah said...

OH my gosh I'm so jealous. I want to have an event like this in my town. It looks like so much fun!

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh this looks so fun, I wish I had an event like this in my town!!!

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

MelissaNibbles said...

This looks like a fun event! I'd love to take part in the online swaps.

Alison Kinsey said...

Your blog is sooo adorable! I remember seeing you at the event but I don't think we had the opportunity to chat. Your camera takes incredible photos. Glad you had fun at the swap, you really captured the essence of it!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Ooh, this looks like so much fun. Should look up if we have anything similar in SF..U are looking chic as always and the pics are really great...

Lilacandgrey said...

this is the coolest! Love that!

GB said...

How fun! I love your shoes, they look incredibly comfy!

Have a great weekend Naina!

Josie said...

This looks like SO much fun, dear! Have a fab weekend!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!

KT said...

Love the pics you got of the event! And you are so on top of it to get the post up so quickly. Mine will be a weekend project! - Katy

style-haus said...

really enjoy your coverage of the amazing events in the boston area. :) this sip & swap event looked like so much fun and a great opportunity to not only connect with other bloggers but to score some incredible finds! have a wonderful weekend...

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

samantha ramage said...

yay! you got some fabulous shots, girl! it was so much fun to asee you and phoebe there last night. we need to do a fashion month event at the mfa asap!

xo
sami

Tanvi said...

Looks like A LOT of fun. Boston has so many social events for bloggers ... I envy!

Mimi said...

wow, that is such a great event! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

k said...

swapping online!? no way! that looks so fun...oh my gosh...i'd be in heaven.

Nikki said...

thanks for comments Naina! I have been dreaming of that Mulberry bag too. It seems to be sold out everywhere online already!

have a great weekend!

Lila said...

What a fun event. I can image how crazy it must have gotten once the lines were released. The online swap sounds like a dream come true.

erica said...

what fun! Love it!

xo

annelise said...

Ahhh! I'm such a bad shopper that the thought of all those women in the one place, trying to find a bargain, is almost enough to make my hyperventilate. It could also explain why I don't have a fraction of style, like you all do :)

Have a great weekend, Naina :)

20 YORK STREET said...

Oh, I wish I can meet you there hun! I cannot wait for the Fashion Week here in the city though I actually wouldn't know what to wear!

You look fantastic in this outfit!


besos,

ML
20 YORK STREET

Olivia RPS said...

it looks fabulous!
Olivia x
www.something-like-roses.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

I love the tunic you wore! Looks like it was a great event!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

Unknown said...

I'm with Samantha, that event looks amazing. I wish we had fashion blogger mixers in my area. I guess we might and I just don't know about it. But really. That's awesome!

Neira's boots were really cute too.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I seriously am so jealous of ya'll!

punky said...

Thanks for coming! Great photos!

torrie said...

I absolutely LOVE your dress and purse!!

This sounds like so much fun (despite the 'mad rushes:)!! I would love to attend something like this in my area. I have never (yet) met another blogger... someday:)!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

What rock do I live under? I've never heard of such until now! What a great time and great scores :) Your photography skills came to play as well, you got great shots of the event!! I feel like I was there with you. XO, Kelly

Chas said...

What a fun event! I love your suede shoes, they are incredible!

mcQueenBeep* said...

I love events like this, so much fun!


Carolina*

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Hi Naina, it was so lovely to meet you at the blogger swap. I owe you an email to coordinate plans to get together and chat about blogging or do some photos. I had some friends from college visiting this past weekend and so I'm still a bit crazed, but things are starting to get back to normal! We'll talk soon!

stylenuggets said...

I love taking a peek at all that's taking place there. Everything gone in 15 minutes? Wow, a record perhaps?

Lisa Griffin said...

so fun! this event looks fantastic and your tunic with those suede heels are great! can't wait to hear about more events. i pretty much tried to stalk Bobbie Thomas on FNO, i love her!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Elle said...

The idea of these trendy swaps seems really overwhelming to me (not a fan of crowds) but it looks like you had a great time! I'm loving your colorful dress and the suede heels!

ephemerette said...

Sounds like great fun, love your shoes!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh that looks like so much fun...I adore your shoes,sweetie
Kisses

photohogger said...

Wow so fun! And I love your suede shoes!

Annie said...

What a fun event!! You look so cute!

Jess said...

Wow - what a great idea for an event! Wish we had events like that here in Indianapolis.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds