Stylen

June 25, 2010

Picture Perfect

{Photo credits here, here, and here)

Last December my family all got together for family portraits.  We booked the photographer, set the date, coordinated black outfits with turquoise accessories, and all showed up on a beautiful (but chilly) day in Charlotte to take pictures. I  received the prints a while back but finally got around to buying frames from Target last weekend.  My mom made this beautiful collage of Ariyana so I wanted to put this up in our  home as well.  I figured I could combine the collage and our portraits on the same wall. So, of course I put my husband to work and here is our picture gallery.

First I laid the pictures on the floor directly in front of the wall. After trying various options for the gallery I decided I liked this arrangement the best. By arranging the pictures this way it was easy to measure how many inches we needed between each picture. 

We matted the prints and placed wiring the back of each frame

Next we placed the large collage on the wall  and then added each frame one by one by measuring and then marking the wall

My lovely family
 

Do you have a fun project to tackle this weekend?

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

7 Comments:

J. said...

That family picture is adorable!

Happy weekend :)

Valerie said...

Your family picture is so cute!!! What a great project. Have a nice weekend!

Valerie

Diana Mieczan said...

Such a cool project...I adore frames and those you chose and did are stunning:)
Kisses,my lovely

Tanvi said...

So cute and cool. I love pictures and collages. UYou just reminded me I have to get mine done ... :) The pictures have been lying with me for weeks now

Diana Mieczan said...

I am following you on bloglovin too:) Have a wonderful day my dear!

Lila said...

Your family looks like so much fun, i love the picture.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I love the second picture with all of the white frames! Beautiful! Thanks for the DIY!

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds