Stylen

July 22, 2010

Tea Time

A couple of months ago we went to London for vacation and to visit family and one day while shopping I noticed a variety of colorful teapots in the display window at Whittard of Chelsea. This store has the best selection of fine loose tea, teapots, tea cups and mugs.  So my aunt and cousin were so sweet and thoughtful and bought a tea pot set for my daughter. She loves it and she has "tea time"  almost everyday.  I also love the mugs and tea pot they gave me as a gift.  They are so bright and stylish and perfect to use when friends stop over for a cup of tea.

One of my favorite things to do is to drink chai tea in the afternoon and it is such a family tradition to do this when we all get together.  My mom makes the best fresh Masala chai,  my sister in law makes the best Ginger chai, and my aunt and cousin in London make the best English tea. My sister...well she just likes it when we all make tea for her!
Here is the tea I typically make. I guess I will call it spiced tea or masala chai.  
Spiced Tea(serves 2)
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of water
1 small cinnamon stick (1 inch)
6 cardamom pods (for best flavor open and crush the cardamom. You can use mortar/pestle or even just a spoon to do this)
6 cloves 
1/2 cup milk (adjust depending on your preference)
sugar (optional)
3 teaspoons loose black tea
Directions
Place the water in a pan. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and bring to a boil. Next, add the loose black tea and simmer for 5 minutes. If you prefer a stronger and darker tea then simmer a few minutes longer. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil.  Turn off heat and using a tea strainer pour tea into tea cups. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

26 Comments:

k said...

that sounds really good!! tea time sounds like a fun tradition :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds lovely.Thank you! I am huge tea drinker:)
Yout little one is so cool with her tea pot!!!

Kisses sweetie

ps: I hope you had a change to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!

Unknown said...

these look fab xxx

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! She looks really happy. I drink a lot of tea but I've never made my own spiced tea. Thanks for your sweet comment about my car. I'm better now.

Unknown said...

She is adorable. Love the tea cups too!

Rachna said...

Very funny!

kiran said...

we had so much fun with Ariyana's "tea time", as she likes to call it....

Jess said...

Love all of the colorful tea cups! This makes me want to become a tea drinker ;)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Can I just say that child is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.?! :)

Audrey Allure said...

Aw, she looks adorable! And the tea cups are so cute!

erika sorocco said...

Awww...she is such a little angel. I truly do not think that there is anything so satisfying as an afternoon tea party!! :)

The Mommy said...

I'm not much of a tea drinker but those pictures look tempting:)
Your little girl is so adorable.

J. said...

She is too cute! Oh and I will be doing accounting type work...I'm not exactly sure now because apparently we merged with another line of service, so I'm a little bit nervous!

Also, be sure to check out the giveaway going on at my blog right now! :)

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

bollywoodstylediaries said...

ur daughter's tea set is cute and she looks adorable..I am a big tea person - I take mine with extra milk/sugar - the types u get in Gurdwaras:-)

Reg. the pics on my blog. I get the pics from media outlets like filmicafe.com, santabanta.com, bollywoodhungama.com..they put tons of pictures - I filter what I want:-)

Valerie said...

Your little girl is just precious, Naina! She looks overjoyed with her tea pot! I love this tradition, I wish my family had tea time more often. Maybe I'll start a new family tradition of tea time. Thanks for the recipe!

xo
Valerie

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

She's gorgeous! And so adorable. And that tea sounds amazing.

Happy Thursday, sweetie :)

Marcie said...

Tea is my thing! I love these photos! She is such a doll.

Can't believe we were in Hawaii at the same time. How was Maui? I love that island too.

xo Marcie

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

How cute!! :)

Sovina said...

you know i am huge chai fan..got this from my mom..i have to have my 2 cups everyday otherwise i feel sloppy, sluggish and what not..love this post of yours.Cheers to all chai lovers out there :)

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aw how cute!

style-haus said...

mmmmm...i love chai tea and spiced chai is even better! look at the smile on your daughter's face with her tea...so cute!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

I'm not a big tea person, but these stripes are so pretty -- I'd get this set just to brighten up my kitchen!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I love tea time :) These pics are so adorable!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

How precious! I'm totally into tea these days myself. I can't start the day without a cup. I was never a coffee drinker, so it's my must and I'm loving every drop :)

ephemerette said...

You have such a beautiful daughter! I love chai too but seldom make it for myself - I'm going to try out your recipe.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is cute! I love masala chai.

xx
Heel in Mint

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds