Stylen

July 23, 2010

Week in Review

This has been quite a busy work week so I am glad it is finally Friday!  Ok today is all about my random ideas and thoughts.

1. Score!  Earlier this week I posted on Beautiful Necklaces and I  featured this Amrita Singh necklace.  My sister sent me a text and said the $100 necklace is on sale for $24 at Hautelook.  I immediately went over to Hautelook and clicked "purchase." And, of course my sister picked one up too!


 2.  Last month I reviewed some laptop sleeves (here) because I really needed a new sleeve for my work laptop. After traveling last with my laptop and no laptop sleeve I finally got around to ordering this laptop sleeve. It was a bargain at $29.99. 

3. And, while I was on vacation last week I came across this article in the Fashion and Style section of the NY Times magazine.  I am sure many of you have heard of the book "French Women Don't Get Fat."   This article kind of reminded me of that book. It's an interesting read if you have a few minutes to click on the link.

From The New York Times:
Aging Gracefully, the French Way
If there is a secret to aging well, Frenchwomen must know it.
http://nyti.ms/bsbbT0

Thought I would take a peek at Amazon and see what other books are available about French Women. Here's a few books books that look interesting.

4. Finally, I decided to make a list of things I really want to accomplish  this weekend. (But notice this list only include FUN activities.) It is the first weekend in a while we don't have a lot of plans or things scheduled. I hope to accomplish the following.....
  • Read at least half of the magazines that came in the mail this week
  • Make this Gazpacho recipe I found in Cooking Light
  • Bake cupcakes with sprinkles with my daughter this weekend
  • Go to Core Fusion Saturday morning since I have not been in a while
  • Go for a 5 mile run on Sunday
  • Sit outside on our deck and enjoy this beautiful weather with a nice cold margarita in hand
  • Hit at least one boutique for the summer sale. Moxie looks like they are having a good sale
Have you made any fun summer purchases lately? 

And do you have a list of fun things to do this weekend?

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

36 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lunch In Paris is a fabulous book about a woman falling in love and moving to France. It even has recipes! I just finished it and want to read it again. It's been my best summer book purchase so far!

this free bird said...

Seriously? $24/. That's amazing. What an incredible deal. I got a bubble skirt (addicted to bubbles) at J.Crew for $32. I love $32 when it's approximately 50% off. Totally made my week which has since then gone down the tubes.

Here's to the weekend!

Hope you have a great one. Congrats on that fabulous necklace. I'm thinking, based on melissa's comment, that I may want to read Lunch in Paris. :)

xoxo,
Carrie

k said...

happy weekend!!
i'm painting my wardrobe a diff color because i dislike it more and more every day! also, maybe i should move to france

Diana Mieczan said...

What a great score with that necklace...:)
I have to read that article...thanks for that:)
We are packing up tonight and going to our mountain house to celebrate with family...Balazs' dad will have his Bday tomorrow:)

Kisses,sweetie and wish you a fantastic weekend:)
Muah

Lisa Griffin said...

lovely random thoughts and TGIF!

kiran said...

lovely necklace...and what a steal!..good now I can borrow it from one of you!

Rachna said...

So I do come in handy sometimes!! Looks like you have a fun weekend planned. Take pictures of the cupcake making!!

Anthea said...

I can tell that your blog is going to be very helpful for me :)

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that necklace
Looks like you're going to have a fun weekend! I'm planning to try to stay off my computer all day tomorrow (thats REALLY hard for me), and I'm going to read Harry Potter, fix some of my shoes....and other fun stuff ;)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

erika sorocco said...

As a huge fan of "French Women Don't Get Fat," I am off to check out that New York Times article right now!

Oddly enough, my best summer purchase thus far has been for a gorgeous pair of boots that I can't wear until fall!! :P

deliciously organized said...

Sounds like you have an incredible weekend planned! Happy weekend!

glamour. monster. said...

GORGEOUS necklace, loving it! Great post.

ps. check out www.twogirlsonecloset.blogspot.com, we're new:)

bollywoodstylediaries said...

$24 for Amrita Singh..thats an awesome deal!! u do have a busy weekend ahead. have fun!! wish I could join u for the margaritas:-)

Valerie said...

That is SO exciting about the $24 necklace! Great find! I LOVE French Women Don't Get Fat. I even wrote a post about it a few months ago:

http://redvinesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2010/04/french-women-dont-get-fat.html

Your weekend activities sound great! Have a great one!

xo
Valerie

Unknown said...

Congrats on your fab new necklace! Have a great weekend!

rachel said...

ooo great great find!!! you lucky girl :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I have that laptop sleeve! lol

Sadly, the rain is here and coming tomorrow night too :(

Enjoy your weekend, though!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

that necklace is tempting! but i have been buying way too much lately. sounds like you'll have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Fun post! Have a great weekend, I'm not sure what we're doing yet :)

kiran sawhney said...

You have a great weekend.
I do not have any weekend plans as yet.

Unknown said...

Love that necklace. Would so go with my outfit tonight!! Have a great weekend!
xo
amanda

Tayebug said...

Wow, that is quite a weekend. Just the magazine one would keep me busy at least one day!! Have fun.

style-haus said...

the necklace and laptop sleeves are such great steals!!! your weekend agenda sounds like so much fun...have a great one!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Lynzy said...

I am right there with you on that 5 mile run! Good luck :)

xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Lila said...

Fun post. I just checked out the French women don't get fat book from the library.

BTW I am combining my blogs and would love it if you followed as I wont be updating the incessant dieter as often.
http://bellagetsreal.blogspot.com/

Sovina said...

the necklace is a great pick and so is the laptop sleeve..i am looking to buy one for myself too..i also came across this article..good read..have a fab weekend :)

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

I just totally laughed and nodded my head in agreement with the magazines and reading all that come! I know that joy/pain!! Have great weekend getting it all done :)

Shopper Gal said...

My vote on your to-do list.. sit on your deck and have margi's!! We're having a girl's mojito day while the boys are all out golfing-(I think we got the better deal!)

Enjoy :)
-Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Elle Sees said...

nah but i love the necklace!

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post, darling!
That necklace is just gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

Stephanie said...

Beautiful necklace, great find!!

Lovely B. said...

I love making weekend to do lists. It helps to make the most of those two precious days a week spent free from work. Hope you got all these fun things accomplished and had a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

Done with my rotation and now in florida with the fam for a week. Loved catching up on your blog. I want to go dress/accessory shopping majorly now. Will try to catch you when I'm back in Boston I'm August. - Vandna

Josie said...

I MUST read "French Women Don't Get Fat!" I've always wanted to...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great find with the necklace!

20 YORK STREET said...

This necklace is seriously 24 dollars! OH boy, I should really open my Haute Look e-mails!

xoxo,

http://twentyyork.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds