Stylen

July 7, 2010

Weeknight Dinner: Cilantro Lime Shrimp

Cilantro lime shrimp is a quick and easy recipe for the grill.  It is healthy and tastes best if you use fresh large deveined and peeled shrimp. We sometimes eat it over a salad or just enjoy it with grilled corn. Also, a nice cold margarita goes well with this dish!

I wanted to post this recipe because so many of my friends have had this at my place and they are always asking for the recipe.  (Ana and Monica to name a couple)

Also, must give credit to my mom.  I recall having to call her at least 2 times when making any one of her recipes or making any type of Indian dish. 

What is your favorite food to grill in the summer?

Recipe for Cilantro Lime Shrimp
15 large jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp (roughly 1 lb)
1  1/2 cups fresh cilantro
2 tsp garlic (for best flavor use fresh garlic and not the minced garlic from a jar)
1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh ginger
2 tbsp olive oil (can add more if needed)
1/2 of a green chili (feel free to adjust based on your preference for spicy food)
Pinch of salt 
fresh ground black pepper
fresh lime 
Directions:
1. Add all the ingredients (except the lime) into a food processor and mix
2 Add the cilantro marinade to the uncooked rinsed shrimp, mix, and then place shrimp and marinade in a large zip lock bag and shake. Marinate in the refrigerator. Best is 2-3 hours but even 30 min-1 hr is ok. 
3. Grill the shrimp for 5-6 minutes or if you don't have a grill just place in a wok with a bit of olive oil and cook over medium to high heat until shrimp are cooked.  (roughly 5 minutes)
4. Squeeze some fresh lime on top and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!

Tweet This


Share/Bookmark

19 Comments:

k said...

I am loving your blog!! This shrimp is looking amazing, I will have to try it =)
p.s. Taking pictures is very fun! Thanks for your nice comment on mine..

minnja said...

Oh this looks so yummy!!!

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh I love sea food...I am writting this one down:) Thanks darling and those are beautiful photos:) Kisses and I am following you now:)
Happy Wed!
Muah

Tanvi said...

This looks good. Only if I wasn't a vegetarian. P.S. My husband is a Doctorate of Pharmacy too! I just checked your About Me section and realized :o)

Viv said...

looks delectable!




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Rachna said...

Hmm - maybe I'll try this. It looks really yummy!

Tayebug said...

Oh yummmmmm, this looks delicious. I will definitely be trying this.

Valerie said...

Naina, this looks incredible!!! What a perfect weeknight dinner. I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for the recipe!

xo
Valerie

bollywoodstylediaries said...

yummy!! shrimp is my fav. and this recipe looks like a quick thing..have to try it out..

Sophie Carmo said...

Mmmmmm....Follow you...xoxo

Sovina said...

that's some cooking..but i am a vegetarian :(

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ah this looks so delicious. I used fresh herbs last night with rice and shrimp!! Perfect for summer and so fresh:)

Martini said...

Yum! Now I know what I'm going to have for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

You sure know how to make my jaw drop...SHRIMPIES!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks SO delicious!

The Mommy said...

I love shrimp,especially in summers!! Thanks for sharing, it looks real good:)

Kristen said...

This is going to be my weekend recipe! The shrimp looks amazing, and the limes.. mmmm!
Thank you for sharing ♥

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Just tried to leave a comment, not sure if it worked... just in case, this looks delish and I will be trying for sure :) I love when recipes come to me, now only if the groceries could come through my screen as well!

Unknown said...

OK mouthwatering pictures!! I need to make this recipe ASAP!
Thank you so much for posting these I'm a seafood addict, always looking for new recipes!
Definitely following you blog, you're a KEEPER!
xo

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds